Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Review for Rocked Up by Karina Halle & Scott Mackenzie


Title: Rocked Up
Author: Karina Halle & Scott Mackenzie
Publisher: Metal Blonde Books
Published: May 17, 2017

Synopsis

A USA TODAY BESTSELLER! Rocked Up is a STANDALONE rockstar romance and the sexy, fun brainchild of the husband and wife writing duo, Scott Mackenzie and New York Times bestselling author Karina Halle.

I've been watching him since I was a teenager.
He didn't notice me back then and it didn't matter. Brad Snyder, guitarist and singer for one of the world's greatest bands, was my entire life.
My father, the CEO of Ramsey Records, takes credit for all of Brad's success, trying to control him in the same way he's controlled me.
But I finally get an opportunity to prove myself.
To be wild.
To be free.
Today I'm auditioning to be the replacement bass player for Brad's band. If I get the job, I'll go on tour and work with Brad every day, in very close proximity.
There's only one rule: he's not allowed to touch the boss's daughter.
Remember when I said that Brad never used to notice little ol' me?
Well, Brad's noticing me now.
In a way that's going to get us both in trouble.
My name is Lael Ramsey and we all know how this will turn out.

Buy Links



Review: 5 STARS!!

Another amazing book by Karina Halle and knowing that her husband, Scott Mackenzie wrote it with her, AMAZING!! Rocked Up is filled with humor, passion, music and heart.

Lael is the type of female lead character that I enjoy reading. She is feisty, strong willed, her own person, not afraid to take risks, loves music and is generally an all around good and kind person. She doesn't leech off of her dad or use her last name to get ahead. She works hard and isn't afraid to prove people wrong about that. I loved that she respects music and how passionate she is about making her own sound.

Brad is a broody @$$hole who has been in the music industry a long time, but somewhere along the way, lost himself and the reasons why he loved music in the first place. Brad just wants to make his own music; you can take away all the lights, cameras and fame and Brad will still just want to make his own music. I think it really hits home to him, how lost he got when he receives devastating news about his friend/mentor's death. Lael helps him find his way again and I loved that Brad wasn't scared to show his emotions to Lael and he wasn't scared that she was his boss's daughter. He made her prove herself and saw how hard she worked. He respected her and their passion for music led to other, more intimate passions.

Karina Halle & Scott Mackenzie really took a normal rockstar romance and made it into a funny & heartfelt book about two people searching for where they belong and finding out who they truly are. The passion and friendship between Brad and Lael was strong and beautiful to read about. I think Karina Halle & Scott Mackenzie need to co-write some more books together, because I truly enjoyed this book!!

-Elizabeth from Crazii Bitches Book Blog

About the Author


Karina Halle is a former travel writer and music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestselling author of The Pact, Smut, The Artists Trilogy, Heat Wave and over 20 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her rescue pup and her husband Scott Mackenzie, who co-wrote Rocked Up with her. That's right. It's like the book SMUT come to life! This is their first venture as a writing team. A lot of music was played. A lot of laughs were had. A lot of sex was...put in the book!


Born in Montreal and raised in rural Ontario, Scott Mackenzie has worn many different hats in his life, from bartending to working as a heavy duty mechanic for the railway, to owning and operating a take-out restaurant. He finally settled down out West, where he lives on an island with his author wife and their dog. Scott can be found exploring the gulf islands on his sailboat, playing and recording music in his studio, or on a hike, thinking about his next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment