Thursday, April 27, 2017

Review for Before I Ever Met You by Karina Halle


Title: Before I Ever Met You
Author: Karina Halle
Publisher: Metal Blonde Books
Published: April 25, 2016

Synopsis

A light-hearted STANDALONE CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE that will make you believe in love again.

I first met William McAlister when I was just a teenager.

He was handsome, had a beautiful wife and was on the verge of success, having just joined my father as his business partner. Mr. McAlister was full of smooth charm, but back then he was barely a blip on my radar. Just a family friend.

Fast forward ten years: I'm 25 years old and a single mom trying to make things right for her seven year old son. I've made some mistakes, grappled with my demons and now I'm back in the city of Vancouver, getting a second chance at a better life.

I've started by working for my father's production company as an executive assistant. My first day on the job and I already know I could have a promising career there.

That is until I see Will McAlister for the first time in a decade.

Now recently divorced and as sophisticated as always, Will has gone from being my father's friend and business partner to something so much more.

We're both older, for one thing, and he just oozes this worldly confidence and stark sexuality. Combined with his tall, muscular build and sharp suits, strong jaw and bedroom eyes, Will has turned into one hell of a distraction.

A distraction I'm having a hard time staying away from, considering his office is right across from my desk and I work with him in such close proximity.

But it's just a harmless crush, right?

It's jut an innocent fantasy of screwing him on his desk, right?

It can't ever be more because he's my father's best friend, business partner, and my boss.

Right?

Wrong.

NOTE: This novel is a light-hearted, swoony read. It doesn't contain any cheating but it does have ample amounts of sex and swearing.

Buy Links



Review: 5 STARS!!

Another amazing book by Karina Halle!! This is one of my favorite books by this author and I truly enjoyed every second reading it.

Jackie is a complex character. She is very back and forth, between her head and her heart. Her head is sensible and scared, but her heart is yearning for Will. I loved how Jackie didn't make excuses for what she went through. She was courageous and did what she had to to protect her son and I respected her character for that. She is starting to re build her life and her son's life. She wants what is best for Ty and oh my gosh, I loved Ty. He was smart, funny and loved his mom. Jackie is a hard worker and I loved how Will got under her skin and broke down all of her walls.

Will was just absolutely sexy. He was bossy, broody, a fantastic dirty talker and he was so sweet towards Ty. Will has gone through his own heartbreak, nothing like what Jackie has been through, but a betrayal nonetheless. Even after everything that went down with his ex, he is still willing to open his heart to Jackie and I loved that this strong man was willing to put his feelings out there. Will never treated Jackie like a kid, he always respected her like a woman and he never treated Ty with anything other than kindness and love. Will was a determined man and when he wants something or someone, he doesn't give up until it's his. He never gave up on Jackie and he never judged her for her past, he just showed her what true love is like.

These two characters had an instant attraction toward each other from the moment that they meet. The sexual tension between them is so strong, that anyone in a room with them could tell. I love the banter between them; it was fun, flirty, sexy & sometimes serious, but they could always talk to each other about anything and everything. Karina Halle wrote a fantastic book that had me swooning, laughing, crying & had my heart singing. I cannot wait to see what Karina Halle comes out with next!!

-Elizabeth from Crazii Bitches Book Blog


About the Author


Karina Halle is a former travel writer and music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestselling author of The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Dirty Angels and over 20 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her rescue pup, where she drinks a lot of wine, hikes a lot of trails and devours a lot of books.

Halle is represented by the Waxman Leavell Agency and is both self-published and published by Simon & Schuster and Hachette in North America and in the UK.

Hit her up in instagram @authorHalle, on Twitter at @MetalBlonde and on Facebook. You can also sign up for the newsletter for news, excerpts, previews, private book signing sales and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment