Thursday, March 2, 2017

Review for Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Title: Till Death
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Publisher: HarperCollins William/Morrow
Published: February 28, 2017

Synopsis

In New York Times bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout's gripping new novel, a young woman comes home to reclaim her life--even as a murderer plots to end it...

It's been ten years since Sasha Keaton left her West Virginia hometown...since she escaped the twisted serial killer known as the Groom. Returning to help run her family inn means being whole again, except for one missing piece. The piece that falls into place when Sasha's threatened--and FBI agent Cole Landis vows to protect her the way he couldn't a decade ago.

First one woman disappears; then another, and all the while, disturbing calling cards are left for the sole survivor of the Groom's reign of terror. Cole's never forgiven himself for not being there when Sasha was taken, but he intends to make up for it now...because under the quirky sexiness Cole first fell for is a steely strength that only makes him love Sasha more.

But someone is watching. Waiting. And Sasha's first mistake could be her last.

Add to Goodreads




Buy Links





This book was HANDS DOWN one of the BEST books that I have EVER read!! I am not usually a fan a suspense/thriller books, but I took a chance on it because I love Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing and it was one of the best reading decisions I have ever made!!

"And my throat dried. Tiny bumps raced across my skin, lifting the wisps of blond hair at the nape of my neck. An awful surreal feeling slammed into my gut. My breath caught in my throat once more."

Sasha is one of my favorite female characters ever. She went through something so horrific that I am surprised she isn't off her rocker. Yes, she left home after the incident, but I don't blame her one bit. It is what she did when she left town that truly showed her strength. She got help and picked up her life; instead of wallowing, she kept going. It also showed how truly strong of a person she is by coming home. I loved Sasha's relationship with her mother. You could tell that they were close and I loved the honesty her mother had. Her mom definitely had me cracking up with some of the things that came out of her mouth, but I think that it was great that she didn't act differently just because of what Sasha went through. I think with what Sasha went through, it definitely made her more aware of her surroundings and of people, which is understandable. I loved Sasha's best friend, she definitely livened up Sasha's life and had me laughing. Sasha had a good heart and she was so smart. I heart really broke for her and what she went through.

"I don't think I'd ever stopped caring for him, and I knew it sounded crazy, because there were ten years between us, but I believed that sometimes you cared so deeply about someone that no matter what happened, you never really stopped."

The one thing that has always remained with Sasha was her memory and love for Cole. Oh Cole, he was a sweetheart with an edge to him. He was protective over Sasha and he felt so guilty for that night that happened so long ago. I understood his guilt, but at the same time, I wanted to just give him a great big hug and tell him that it really wasn't his fault. I'm glad that Sasha never held a grudge against him and instead showed him love. These two are meant to be together; they were meant for each other 10 years ago and they are still meant for each other now. I loved that Cole eased her fears and helped her any way he could. He never pushed her and he always listened to her, especially concerning her thoughts about the new missing persons cases. The passion and connection between Cole & Sasha was there 10 years ago and when they are reunited after so many years, it is like it never burned out, but got stronger. 

"Air whooshed out of me as he lifted me up. In one sooth action, he sat back down with me in his lap, my side pressed against his chest and my legs stretched out on the couch. Stunned, I was frozen stiff like a mannequin as I stared at him. We were face-to-face until he shifted me down a few inches so I was now at eye level with his throat."

This book had me on the edge of my seat almost the entire time; it was filled with suspense, drama, passion & angst. Till Death was amazingly written and it is definitely one of my top reads EVER!! I cannot wait to see what Jennifer L. Armentrout comes out with next!!

-Elizabeth from Crazii Bitches Book Blog



About the Author


#1 New York Times and #1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you've heard about her state aren't true. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time reading, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell Loki.

Her dreams of becoming and author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories...which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen. Her book Obsidian has been optioned for a major motion picture and her Covenant Series has been optioned for TV. Jennifer has won numerous awards, including the 2013 Reviewers Choice Award for Wait for You, the 2015 Editor's Pick for Fall With Me, and the 2014/2015 Moerser-Jugendbuch-Jury award for Obsidian. Her young adult romantic suspense novel DON'T LOOK BACK was a 2014 nominated Best in Young Adult Fiction by YALSA.

She also writes Adult and New Adult contemporary and paranormal romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HaperCollins.



No comments:

Post a Comment