Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Review Tour for Riveted by Jay Crownover

From the New York Times bestselling author of the Marked Men books comes the next installment in the Saints of Denver series.


Everyone else in Dixie Carmichael’s life has made falling in love look easy, and now she is ready for her own chance at some of that happily ever after. Which means she’s done pining for the moody, silent former soldier who works with her at the bar that’s become her home away from home. Nope. No more chasing the hot as heck thundercloud of a man and no more waiting for Mr. Right to find her; she’s going hunting for him...even if she knows her heart is stuck on its stupid infatuation with Dash Churchill.
Denver has always been just a pit stop for Church on his way back to rural Mississippi. It was supposed to be simple, uneventful, but nothing could have prepared him for the bubbly, bouncy redhead with doe eyes and endless curves. Now he knows it’s time to get out of Denver, fast. For a man used to living in the shadows, the idea of spending his days in the sun is nothing short of terrifying. 
 When Dixie and Church find themselves caught up in a homecoming overshadowed with lies and danger, Dixie realizes that while falling in love is easy, loving takes a whole lot more work…especially when Mr. Right thinks he’s all wrong for you.

Amazon | iBooks | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Google




ADD RIVETED TO YOUR GOODREADS


Review: 5 STARS!!

Another AMAZING book in the Saints of Denver series!!! Riveted is a story that will stay with you for a long time. The characters were fantastic and the book was filled with happiness, passion, heartbreak and a little bit of suspense.

Dixie is, hands down, one of my all time favorite female lead characters!! Her character was like a breath of fresh air. She wasn't negative, she didn't play mind or body games, she wanted to save everyone and bring them happiness. She kept a positive outlook on life and put others before herself. She just wanted to be someone's #1 and her feelings for Church were deep and real. I loved Dixie's brand of honesty; she was sweet but firm and straight forward. Her friendship with Poppy was great; I loved how she was perceptive of what Poppy was feeling and never pushed her, but instead tried to make her comfortable. She was always there for her sister and kicked her in the butt when she needed it, and I loved her friendship with Wheeler!! Rome's protectiveness over Dixie was heartwarming, like a big brother looking out for his sister. Anyone who came into contact with Dixie fell into her sunshine and I loved that she wanted to be Church's sunshine.

"I was the girl that could handle myself and everyone else around me. I was the girl that never asked for help. I was the girl that always smiled even when that smile hurt my face. I was the girl that always had an ear to bend or a shoulder to lean on for a friend even when I really didn't have time."

Church...oh that man was a tough shell the crack. He was very well guarded and held quite a bit of guilt. Leaving home was about protecting others, but staying away was more about protecting himself. I understood where Church was coming from, because of everything that had happened when he was younger, but at the same time, my heart broke for him and I just wanted to give him a great big hug. I loved watching Church come undone by Dixie. She got under his skin so bad and when he was finally opening up and accepting the goodness that she offered to him, crap hits the fan; and instead of running, Church fights and I LOVED it!! That whole scene towards the end seriously had me on the edge of my seat while crying. Church is a great man and his relationship with his father & brother was strained, but they all love each other and were working on mending fences. The family neighbor who loved Church like a son was funny and tough. Church was definitely swoon worthy and protective and tough and just all around sweet.

"I lied to myself for years and years about the kind of man I was in order to convince myself that the choices I made were the right ones. But I was currently trying to lie to a man that was a professional liar, so it was no surprise that he saw right through the bullshit I was laying down."

The passion between Church & Dixie was extremely SEXY and it was always there. The sexual tension between these two was off the charts and as I was reading I would be thinking, "Oh my gosh, just get it on already!!" Church & Dixie had a connection so strong that they could have a conversation with just looking at each other. Dixie was Church's sunshine and his #1 and Church was Dixie's #1 and just all hers. This book was wonderfully written and it is definitely one of my top reads for 2017!! I CANNOT wait for the next book in this series, I feel like it is gonna take me on one hell of a ride that I wont't want to get off!!!

"The sun was a trillion, billion, million miles away from the Earth and every day we managed to feel its warmth. That would have to be true for those that I loved while I went and lived my own version of the fairy tale I'd always wanted."

-Elizabeth from Crazii Bitches Book Blog

Can’t wait to hear what others are saying about RIVETED? Follow along with the tour here!

February 13th
February 14th
February 15th
February 16th
February 17th


Jay Crownover - headshot
About Jay Crownover: 
Jay Crownover is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men, The Point, and the Saints of Denver series. Like her characters, she is a big fan of tattoos. She loves music and wishes she could be a rock star, but since she has no aptitude for singing or instrument playing, she'll settle for writing stories with interesting characters that make the reader feel something. She lives in Colorado with her three dogs.            

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

InkSlinger Blogger banner

1 comment: