Monday, February 20, 2017

Paperback Release & Review for He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker


Title: He Will Be My Ruin
Author: K.A. Tucker
Publisher: Atria Books
Published: February 2, 2016

Synopsis

A woman who almost had it all…

On the surface, Celine Gonzalez had everything a twenty-eight-year-old woman could want: a one-bedroom apartment on Manhattan’s Lower East Side, a job that (mostly) paid the bills, and an acceptance letter to the prestigious Hollingsworth Institute of Art, where she would finally live out her dream of becoming an antiques appraiser for a major auction house. All she had worked so hard to achieve was finally within her reach. So why would she kill herself?

A man who was supposed to be her salvation…


Maggie Sparkes arrives in New York City to pack up what’s left of her best friend’s belongings after a suicide that has left everyone stunned. The police have deemed the evidence conclusive: Celine got into bed, downed a lethal cocktail of pills and vodka, and never woke up. But when Maggie discovers a scandalous photograph in a lock box hidden in Celine’s apartment, she begins asking questions. Questions about the man Celine fell in love with. The man she never told anyone about, not even Maggie. The man Celine believed would change her life.

Until he became her ruin.

On the hunt for evidence that will force the police to reopen the case, Maggie uncovers more than she bargained for about Celine’s private life—and inadvertently puts herself on the radar of a killer. A killer who will stop at nothing to keep his crimes undiscovered.

Buy Links


Review: 5 STARS!!

This book was absolutely AMAZING!!! I have always been a fan of K.A. Tucker's writing and this book just blew me away!! He Will Be My Ruin was filled with suspense, romance & mystery.

Maggie is the ultimate best friend anyone could ask for. Her friendship with Celine went deeper than that they were like sisters to each other. I loved that Maggie cared enough to question everything surrounding Celine's death. She knew her better than anyone, and some things don't add up. Maggie was tenacious and I loved that about her character. Maggie was a very giving person and she had such a big heart; she wanted to help everyone. I loved that we got to know Celine through her journal and Maggie; it was like Celine's character lived on through them. You could tell why Maggie & Celine were best friends, Celine was sweet and caring, just like Maggie, but there was some discoveries that Maggie made about Celine, that shocked her.The whole mystery that Maggie was uncovering and the different people that she met throughout the book just made the story that much more interesting. I felt like I was on the journey with Maggie and felt all her emotions; grief, happiness, frustration, anger, etc.

 This book had me on the edge of my seat throughout almost the whole book, but I also experienced other emotions; I laughed a bit, shed a few tears, and I definitely was suspcisious of almost everyone!! I loved the air of mystery and unknowning that came along with reading He Will Be My Ruin.  K.A. Tucker is a master with words and stories and He Will Be My Ruin is one of he most enjoyable suspense books that I have ever read. I cannot wait to see what K.A. Tucker comes out with next!!

-Elizabeth from Crazii Bitches Book Blog

About the Author


K.A. TUCKER writes captivating stories with an edge. Her books have been featured in national publications including USA TODAY, The Globe and Mail, Suspense Magazine, and Publishers Weekly. She currently resides in a quaint town outside Toronto with her husband and two beautiful girls.

Find K.A. Tucker Online

No comments:

Post a Comment