Saturday, January 28, 2017

Review for Good Boy by Elle Kennedy & Sarina Bowen


Title: Good Boy
Author: Elle Kennedy & Sarina Bowen
Series: WAGs #1
Publisher: Rennie Road Books
Publish Date: January 31, 2017

Synopsis:

Hosting her brother's wedding for an MVP guest list is the challenge of Jess Canning's life. Already the family screw-up, she can't afford to fail. And nobody (nobody!) can learn of the colossal mistake she made with the best man during a weak moment last spring. It was wrong, and there will not be a repeat. Absolutely not. Even if he is the sexiest thing on two legs.

Blake Riley sees the wedding as fate's gift to him. Jess is the maid of honor and he's the best man? Let the games begin. So what if he's facing a little (fine, a lot) of resistance? He just needs to convince the stubborn blonde that he's really a good boy with a bad rap. Luckily, every professional hockey player knows that you've got to make an effort if you want to score.

But Jess has more pressing issues to deal with than sexy-times with a giant man-child. Such as: Will the ceremony start on time, even though someone got grandma drunk? Does glitter ever belong at a wedding? And is it wrong to murder the best man?

Caution: May cause accidental aspiration of tea or coffee. Do not read in a pubic place where loud laughter is inappropriate. Contains hot but hilarious hockey players, puppy cuddling and a snarky pair of underwear.

Add to Goodreads


Review: 5 STARS!!!

I absolutely LOVED this book!!! Blake & Jess's story was one of my most anticipated reads for 2017 and it definitely didn't disappoint!! Good Boy is filled with humor, passion & love.

I loved Jess's character in Him & Us and I loved her character more in this book, because we got to go into her head. Jess is one of my favorite heroine's because of how real she is. She doesn't know exactly what she wants to do in life, but that doesn't stop her from trying new things. I admire her for that; people assume you need to know what you want to do for the rest of your life when you get out of high school or in the beginning stages of college, but honestly, you don't have to know. Jess's character has a caring and nurturing nature. We saw a bit of it in Us when Jamie was sick. When she meets Blake, it is instant lust and stubbornness. She is independent but sometimes she lacks the confidence that Blake knows she has. She has a need to not fail at nursing school and not fail her family and she thinks Blake will be a distraction, but honestly, they are like two live wires just waiting for each other to go off.

"The deep timbre of his voice reverberates inside my chest. Blake Riley is on the premises, and my blood pressure doubles."

Blake Riley is AMAZING!!! I fell in love with his character in Us and when I found out Good Boy was going to be about him & Jess, I went a little crazy with happiness. Blake is boisterous, swoon worthy, protective & such a sweetheart. I love his family. Oh my goodness, they had me laughing and the way he is with his mom, it is just beautiful. Blake has one of the biggest hearts and he proves it throughout this book. He is so determined to show Jess that they could be great together and I loved that he didn't play games. He told you straight up what he was thinking and didn't really care what anyone thought of him. Blake has a charisma that just draws people in. Seeing his friendship with Jamie & Wes was awesome, because in past books we just saw their friendship from Jamie & Wes's POV. I loved that Blake was supportive of Jess and whenever she was having doubts, he was there for her, holding her up. Blake has a little bit of a rough past and the lengths he goes to protect his family was astounding. Blake is definitely one of my favorite book male leads.

"At the rate I'm going, she and I won't be doing the naked salsa until the dessert course. But I can wait. I'm a patient man. And in the meantime, I'm going to feast on seafood with my best buds."

The passion and chemistry between Blake & Jess is off the charts HOT!!! You could tell there was chemistry when their characters met in Us. When they are together, they have a blast and they can be themselves. No worrying about hockey or nursing school, they can just, be. The banter throughout this book just cracks me up and I love the Jess takes everything in stride. It may have taken some coaxing, but in the end, she couldn't deny what she was feeling. Elle Kennedy & Sarina Bowen did a FANTASTIC job with this book. The writing flowed smoothly and the story line just gripped my attention and held on. I am SO excited for Stay and can't wait for more of all of these characters!!

"Not anymore. Because Jess Canning just shot her rays of sunshine into that cloud, and now my sky is so blue that I can't even remember the gray. She defended me. She made it crystal clear that she's never, ever going to let anyone hurt me."

-Elizabeth from Crazii Bitches Book Blog

Upcoming


Eriksson's book (WAGs #2)
Release Date: Mid-June

Add to Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment