Thursday, January 22, 2015

Blog Tour, Review & Character Interview for Saving You (Love Wanted in Texas #2) by Kelly Elliott



RELEASE DATE: January 22, 2015
Synopsis:

What happens when your head and heart contradict each other regarding the one person you’ve always wanted? 
Growing up, Luke Johnson and Libby Hayes thought they would be best friends forever. 
One kiss changed everything. 
Fearing his love for Libby could cost him their friendship, Luke chooses to listen to his head—instead of his heart. 
Will the regrets of denying the one person Luke wants to give himself to, end up leaving him lost and alone? Or will Libby be able to save him with her love? 

Saving You is book 2 in the Love Wanted In Texas Series.



Buy Links:



Review:
5++ STARS!!
Another amazing book from Kelly Elliott! I absolutely loved Luke & Libby. Their journey was definitely a bumpy one, but their love was so great. Luke reminded me so much of Jeff with a little bit of Ari mixed in. He was sexy, swoon worthy, loving, caring, hard working. He loved Liby, even before he knew what the word meant he has always loved Libby. I love how serious he took his schooling and wanting to learn from his dad & the guys about the ins and outs of running the ranch. Libby, she was such a sweet character. She was so caring, had such a big heart & loved Luke more than the air that she breathed. She tried to move on, but she couldn't. They were each other's true love and they couldn't get enough of each other. Their chemistry together was amazing. They complimented each other perfectly and even though they were Ina romantic relationship, they stayed best friends. I loved seeing Will & Alex, Colt & Lauren & Grace. Everyone's relationships were so intriguing, I cannot wait for the next book! Amazing job Kelly Elliott!!
-Elizabeth form Crazii Bitches Book Blog



Character Interview with Luke & Libby:
CBBB: Hi everyone! Today I am with Luke & Libby and we are gonna have some fun!

CBBB: First question goes to Libby, what was going through your mind after Luke kissed you before he went off to college?

“That he finally kissed me!”

CBBB: Luke, you and Libby were always pulling pranks on everyone, but did you ever pull a prank on one of your parents?

Luke and Libby both start laughing. “Oh yeah! More than once. I’ve taken Oreo’s and replaced the cream filling with toothpaste. I’ve taped an air horn on the doorstopper and when my mother opened the door it scared the piss out of her. I could go on.”

CBBB: This is a question for both of you, were y’all excited or nervous to be going to the same college?

Libby – “I had mixed emotions. I was excited but nervous also. Things were not so wonderful for us when I first got to A&M so seeing Luke all the time was hard.” 

Luke – “I was happy has hell.” 

CBBB: Libby, did you find it hard to be away from home?

Noddig her head and shrugging, “Not really. I had my brother there so that helped a lot. I didn’t feel so lonely”.

CBBB: Luke, when did you first realize that you wanted to run the ranch?

Smiling with a wide smile, Luke says, “Probably the first time I rode in the Jeep with my daddy and helped him fix a downed fence. I wanted to be just like him.” 

CBBB: Now, this might be a sensitive subject but Libby, did you ever stay in touch and remain friends with Zach?

Shaking her head, Libby answers. “No, I didn’t keep in touch with Zach.”

CBBB: Have either of you heard from Karen? Did y’all end up going to her wedding?

Libby – “We did go to their wedding. It was beautiful. They moved to South Dakota though so we don’t really keep in touch with them.”

CBBB: This might be another sensitive subject but Luke, has Abigail ever tried to contact you again?

Frowning, Luke says, “No, she had not.”

CBBB: How is Mireya doing? Are y’all loving being parents?

Smiling, Libby nods her head. “She is amazing. Wonderful really. I love being a mother. My look on things is very different.

CBBB: Libby, when you first found out you were pregnant, what was going through your mind?

Libby – “I was happy at first, then scared. I wasn’t sure how Luke was going to react. I knew he would be happy but we were both wanting to wait a few years longer before we brought a little one into the picture. I think I was more worried about my parents than anything.”
CBBB: Luke, when Libby told you that she was pregnant what was your first thought?

Grinning wide, Luke replies, “Well the first time she told me I was kind of out of it. When it hit me in the hospital I was beyond thrilled. It was meant to be and I truly believe that little girl saved my life.” 

CBBB: Are there any pet peeves y’all have towards each other?

Turning toward each other, they both shrug. 
Libby – “ I don’t know, just the normal stuff. Luke has a terrible habit of putting the wet towel on our bed. 

Luke – It Lib’s doing laundry, she a terrible habit of throwing the laundry on the bed and leaving it there for hours before she folds it. 

CBBB: Do you guys still play pranks on everyone?

Laughing, Luke shakes his head and says, “Life has been busy lately. No pranks, but thanks for reminding me a prank is due!”

CBBB: Have you guys thought about having more children?

Luke reaches for Libby’s hand. 
Libby – “Maybe, in a few years. We’ll see how it all plays out.” 

CBBB: Are you guys planning on buying any land and building your own house or are you comfortable where you are at right now?

Luke – “Right now we are good renting from Aaron and Jenny. Maybe in a few years we’ll buy our own place. Just not ready yet!” 

CBBB: Last question, how does it feel to wake up and fall asleep next to your best friend/love of your life everyday?

Looking at each other with love filled expression they say at once, “Amazing.”
CBBB: I want to give a big thanks to Luke & Libby for being here and answering questions!! 



️EXCERPT:
“Do you remember the time we got grounded for talking Will into flying off the barn?”
Libby’s eyes met mine. She smiled so big it caused me to laugh. “I remember the time you talked me into talking my brother into soaring through the air.” She shook her head. “Poor, Will. He broke his arm and we were all so afraid to tell my mom.”
I watched as Libby moved across the kitchen. My heart began to beat stronger in my chest. She’s mine. She’s finally mine. Taking in a breath, I slowly let it out. “Do you know what I remember most about that time?”She continued to cut up the watermelon and put it into a bowl for us. Will threatening to hurt you every single time he saw you?
I chuckled. “Nah, that was funny though. I bet if we brought it up to him he’d still be pissed.” Libby giggled and nodded her head. “I remember sneaking out and coming to your house in the middle of the night. Tapping on your bedroom window and sitting under the stars, talking for hours.”
Libby stared into my eyes, smiling softly. “I remember that too. I used to lay in bed and pray so hard you would be there that night. Then, I’d hear you tap on my window and I would get giddy at the idea of sitting next to you on the roof. I remember if your body brushed against mine, I would get the silliest feelings in my stomach.” She looked down and then back at me. “I still do.”
Pushing the stool back, I walked over to Libby. Placing my hands in her hair, I pulled her head back and pressed my lips to hers. The kiss was passionate—filled with love, as we kissed each other like we hadn’t seen each other in days. I pulled back some and whispered against her lips. “I loved you then, Libby.”
Closing her eyes she barely spoke, “Never stop loving me, Luke.”



ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Kelly Elliott is married to a wonderful Texas cowboy who has a knack for making her laugh almost daily and supports her crazy ideas and dreams for some unknown reason...he claims it's because he loves her!
She’s also a mom to an amazing daughter who is constantly asking for something to eat while her fingers move like mad on her cell phone sending out what is sure to be another very important text message.
In her spare time she loves to sit in her small corner overlooking the Texas hill country and write. 
One of her favorite things to do is go for hikes around her property with Gus....her chocolate lab and the other man in her life, and Rose, her golden retriever. When Kelly is not outside helping the hubby haul brush, move rocks or whatever fun chore he has in store for her that day, you’ll find her inside reading, writing or watching HGTV.

LINKS:
Twitter: @author_kelly



️GIVEAWAY:











No comments:

Post a Comment